This TOTW explain how to use the AUTOCAD command DATAEXTRACTION in order to export SURVEYED points COORDINATES to an external file such as csv ,txt or excel file from an existing drawing.
The use of this command is not only limited to just the surveyed points but it may be useful if we have, for example, blocks of diamond drill holes that we would like to know the collar coordinates, surveying stations blocks or other entities in a given drawing.
Step By Step
1. Open your drawing (with points , or blocks);
2. Type the command DATAEXTRACTION In AutoCAD line command;
3. Create a new extraction template, name it and save it in a define location;
4. Select the Data source option (either use the drawing or select object option;
5. Uncheck all objects you do not want to have in the export file (in this case leave only points);
6. In the next window , In the right columns uncheck all category except the geometry;
7.In the next screen, just select the position (x,y,z) then next;
8.On the Outpout options window , select by clicking on the three button ellipsis button and define the output location (define also the output file format) then click next;
9. Then click on the finish button and the file will be created.